Consumers and resellers have two options for in-warranty replacement of defective products
- Return the product to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund
(This will depend on the terms and conditions of your reseller or distributor)
- Return directly to G-Technology for replacement product.
Standard RMA policy:
- Fill out the RMA form on
https://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do?fromGtech=yes or call the regional technical support center
- In either case, a follow up email will be sent with the RMA # and regional collection point address
- Once G-Technology receives the affected product back, a replacement will be sent to complete the RMA
- We strive to ship your replacement within 2 business days from receipt of your RMA'd product
- Unless you have a G-SPEED FC and XL product, DO NOT send in chassis, partial unit or parts. Contact G-Technology support if you have any questions
Field Replaceable Parts - G-SPEED FC / G-SPEED XL Products
- If you have a G-SPEED FC and XL product and require a replacement part, please contact G-Technology support for a parts RMA (i.e. power supply, fan or controller board)
- For all multi-bay units with removable hard drive assemblies: To replace a failed hard drive, please remove the drive from the assembly (drive sled or tray) by removing the attaching screws
- After obtaining an RMA, ship the bare drive to G-Technology and a replacement drive will be returned
Drive sled screw positions
G-SPEED XL / XL PRO
G-SPEED ES / ES PRO
Please note that it is user's responsibility to protect and back-up data. G-Technology limited warrantees apply only the hardware, not the actual data on the hard drive.
Should you or your customer need assistance in recovering data, there are many companies that will attempt to assist you. For your convenience we provide some companies below, however, your choice of service provider is your risk and responsibility, and any agreement for data retention/recovery services is entirely between you and the service provider. G-Technology is not responsible for the retention/recovery of your data, and does not make any warranty, express or implied, regarding the services provided by any service provider. G-Technology is not liable for any loss or damages of any kind that relate to, arise out of, or result from the performance of services by the service provider, including, but not limited to any loss of data contained on a G-Technology hard drive.
In order to have your warranty not voided due to opening the hard drive, the service provider must provide you with written verification that it has performed services on service provider letterhead or label affixed to the product, and this must accompany the product when returned to G-Technology through the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process.
When you choose to use a 3rd party to attempt data retrieval/recovery on your affected drive:
- You will need to contact G-Technology Support for an RMA
- G-Technology will ship a replacement product on the open RMA to you.
- You will deliver both the affected and the replacement units to the 3rd party repair service provider
- You are directly responsible for all charges for any services provided by 3rd party.
- 3rd party will attempt to retrieve the data from the affected unit and move it to the replacement unit without opening or tampering with the working replacement unit.
- After the retrieval attempt, you will be given back both units. Keep the replacement unit, and send the affected unit to G-Technology to fulfill and complete the open RMA