Removing the G-CONNECT Battery for recycling
un-plugged. The battery located in the G-CONNECT device either a Silver Oxide or Alkaline battery and is not user-serviceable.
The battery may be recycled after product end of useful life. You may return the entire
G-CONNECT device to HGST for warranty replacement or disposal using the HGST Warranty Return System at
Do not dispose of this product in your household trash. Please return the G-CONNECT device to HGST or recycle in accordance with local regulations. For more information, go to the HGST support page at www.g-technology.com/support/g-connect.
Removing the Battery
The G-CONNECT device's Silver Oxide or Alkaline battery is located in main compartment of the device. This battery can be easily removed using the following steps:
- Make sure the device is disconnected from its power adapter and USB cable.
- Separate the top cover from the rest of the device using a screwdriver or small knife.Note: There are multiple plastic latches around the edge of the device. These will likely break as you separate the cover.
- Remove the electronics assembly from the case. This is held together by four rubber bumpers and will lift out straight upwards from the case.
- Disconnect the two Wi-Fi antenna cables and then remove the four rubber bumpers and the screws underneath those bumpers.
- Slide the G-CONNECT hard drive and rubber sleeve away from the connector end of the circuit board to remove the hard drive.
- Remove the three screws that hold the circuit board to the metal frame.
- Invert the electronics assembly and remove the two screws holding the Wi-Fi circuit board. Remove it from the main circuit board.
- Invert the device again and remove the circuit board from the metal frame.
- Separate the battery from the battery retainer on the circuit board. The battery is now ready for recycling.
Visit www.call2recycle.org for recycling the battery once it has been separated.