Retrieving files

User

Retrieving files

Postby rkitchens » Jan 3rd, '14, 09:58

I formatted my G-DRIVE mini for Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and erased it according to instructions I found online. Then I used it with Time Machine as a backup disk, excluded all the files I didn't care to backup, and backed everything up. When I open the G-DRIVE icon on my desktop to make sure I could access my photos and documents, it won't allow me to view/open my backed up items at all. I am not tech savvy whatsoever, and I wanted an external hard drive to save my photos and documents in case my MacBook Pro dies. I didn't delete my pictures or anything on my computer, but I just wanted to know what I'm doing wrong and if there is something I can do to access my pictures. For me, the point of the external hard drive is so I can access my photos and such in case my old computer here dies.

User

Re: Retrieving files

Postby rkitchens » Jan 28th, '14, 14:29

PLEASE HELP! - It's been 26 days, and I spent too much money on this to be unable to use it.

Re: Retrieving files

Postby Dustin F » Jan 29th, '14, 08:54

Hi rkitchens,

Thanks for posting. Time machine saves in proprietary compressed file. If you click on the time machine icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen (clockhands with a looped arrow around it) and click enter time machine you should be able to view the contents that have been backed up. If you need further help navigating time machine you can contact apple as it is their software.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE mini

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php