G Raid - error messages

User

G Raid - error messages

Postby feilmelding14 » Jan 23rd, '14, 01:17

I have a G Raid w TBolt 8TB which i have my images and also the Lightroom catalog.

First i got repeated messages that the disk was not disconnected the right way.

Then this started to happen: (i have to screens) : The screen went black, then blue, and then this message: "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from it preview and needs to quit". And at the same time this message: "An internal error has occured (...) Fatal_SQLite-Transient_error:Database:/Volumes (...my hd-name...) Error:disk I/O error:SQL:Selectid_localFROM AgLibraryCollectionWHEREid-local=?;"

So i have switched off my 8tb hd, and no i dont have the problem.

Is there any help for this? Thanks!

Re: G Raid - error messages

Postby Dustin F » Jan 23rd, '14, 10:07

Hi feilmelding14,

Thanks for posting. The error seems to be coming from Lightroom specifically. If the lightroom catalog is on the drive and it is unmounting itself that is most likely the cause. You may want to check the thunderbolt cable by swapping it with another to make sure that is not the issue. Also check the power adapter to make sure it has a 12 volt 4 amp output. I have seen people use a 2 amp power adpater which will allow it to turn on in some cases but not maintain the connection when trying to access it. Let me know if you have any more trouble.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby feilmelding14 » Jan 24th, '14, 06:10

I have done this to try to solve the problem:
* I have removed the Lightroomcatalog from the GRaidThunderbolt disk. Now the disk is only containing my images.
*I have put the TBoltdisk powersocket directly into the wall (removed it from the powerconnector adapter).
*I have removed the DVI-I-cable which run from my main screen into the thunderbolt input in the GRaiddisk, and replaced this cable with a displayportcable.

User

Postby feilmelding14 » Jan 30th, '14, 14:07

Updated status:
My Eizo screen sometimes turn black for 2 seconds, then back to normal.
But today it went black, then my iMacscreen went blue, and after that the Eizo went blue.
Then the message came up again (that the disk was not disconnected the right way). And then the Graid 8TB disappeared in finder, so i had to manually to power it off. Then i powered it on and everything was ok again, until next time.

This looks like a problem with the GRaid, or???

User

Postby feilmelding14 » Jan 31st, '14, 00:24

Another update of the problem:
Last night i shut down the GRaid. When i this morning powered it on, it did not show in Finder, and therefore the images was not recognized in Lightroom.
So i pulled out the original Thunderbolt-cable and put it back, and the GRaid was recognized and the images from the disk showed up.

So do anybody have a theory of what is wrong?

Postby Dustin F » Jan 31st, '14, 09:39

Hi feilmelding14,

Thanks for posting. The thunderbolt cable could be causing some strange issues. Unlike most cables thunderbolt is not a simple pass through, it has small microprocessors in each end of the cable that translate data. If the cable is faulty or a loose connection it can cause uncommon behavior. You could also try it on both thunderbolt ports on the drive to make sure the problem isn't with a particular port.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php