Windows version of G-Technology Assistant?

User

Windows version of G-Technology Assistant?

Postby AdobeColin » Jan 9th, '14, 04:00

The product page for the G-DOCK ev states, "Compatible with Mac and or Windows". I would appreciate any information that would help me use this product on Windows. The user guide does not help as it only has Mac information. Searching for G-Technology Assistant only shows the Mac versions.

Re: Windows version of G-Technology Assistant?

Postby Gene G » Jan 13th, '14, 09:50

Hi AdobeColin,

Thank for your post. The G-Assistant for Windows is currently in development, and should be released in the near future. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Postby david03w » Jan 27th, '14, 11:09

I just purchased a G-DOCK ev which should be delivered today. I am also running Windows (7 Pro x64).

If the G-Technology Assistant is not available for Windows OS, how do I create a RAID0 stripe with my drives?

Thanks

Postby Dustin F » Jan 27th, '14, 15:29

Hi david03w,

Thanks for posting. The G-Technology assistant is not available for windows. However the G-Technology assistant does not create the raid sets. This would be handled by disk utility on mac or disk management in windows. You will need to clean the drives off using the diskpart command. You can then right click each disk number and initialize, i suggest using a the GPT partition table. Here are guides on how to clean the drives and create the raid.

clean: http://support.g-technology.com/kbase/u ... php?id=160
raid: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/36504/ho ... windows-7/
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DOCK and G-DRIVE ev

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php