G Drive USB cable? WHERE?

User

G Drive USB cable? WHERE?

Postby tar4heel2 » Dec 5th, '13, 15:01

My GDrive used to appear and disappear on my Mac Finder, then it completely disapeared and won;t show at all as being connected. I finally figured out it must be the USB cable. But none of the ones I have work. Where do I get a genuine GDrive USB cable?

Re: G Drive USB cable? WHERE?

Postby Dustin F » Dec 6th, '13, 08:08

Hi tar4heel2,

Thanks for posting. The usb cables used on g-technology products are standard, there is nothing special about them. If you can provided the part number listed on the drive I can confirm the cable you would need. You may want to also check disk utility to see if the drive appears there, and system report under more info in about this mac to see if it sees the connection at all.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby tar4heel2 » Dec 6th, '13, 08:55

model 0g00203. I tried daisy-chaining from Thunderbolt to a model 0g02529 t'bolt, then out to my computer from the 0g02529 via USB, but that doesn't work. The drive is completely gone from my computer and will not reappear.

I gotta tell ya, I'm not at all happy about this. I paid a lot of money for this drive thinking it was the best; fastest and MOST RELIABLE. I'll go back to my My Passport drives from WD as they have yet to fail. This is not fun.

Postby Dustin F » Dec 9th, '13, 09:30

Hi tar4heel2.

Usb cannot be daisychained. You can daisy chain firewire connections and thunderbolt connections. Usb is a direct connection only. If you are using a thunderbolt to firewire adapter it must be a firewire connection between all drives to be able to access anything past the first drive. Usb must be directly to the computer or through a hub. You cannot cross the connection between firewire and usb.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php