Disk won't mount or repair

User

Disk won't mount or repair

Postby toddfletcher » Nov 4th, '13, 06:57

I have a G-Speed Q that has gone south. It will no longer mount. It does show up in the Disk Utility. I attempt to 'Verify Disk' and the utility stops telling me to repair. I 'Repair Disk' and it returns:

"Disk Utility can’t repair this disk. Back up as many of your files as possible, reformat the disk, and restore your backed-up files."

All of the module lights are blue. Shouldn't one turn amber if a drive failed?

Do I replace on tot the drives so that the RAID can rebuild and save the data?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Disk won't mount or repair

Postby Dustin F » Nov 4th, '13, 10:23

Hi Todd,

Thanks for posting. The lights on the drive would turn amber for a physical issue with the drive not a logical corruption of the partition table. There are a few things you can try however. First off you can try a different cable or connection to make sure it is not a weakened signal, on occasion we have seen this cause these kinds of issues. You can also turn the unit off, physically eject each drive and re-seat the drives to make sure one of them does not have a loose connection. After each of these you can try a repair again if it doesn't automatically mount. If neither of these helps there are a couple of third party softwares that are able to repair partition tables where disk utility cannot. One is disk warrior by alsoft, the other is r-studio by r-tools technology.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Re: Disk won't mount or repair

Postby toddfletcher » Nov 4th, '13, 10:38

Thanks. I talked to support on the phone. I got Disk Warrior and rebuilt it. Now it works great. :)

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php