G DRIVE mobile 1 TB

User

G DRIVE mobile 1 TB

Postby FRANCESCO » Sep 16th, '13, 11:48

Hi guys
Ive bought this hard disk GDROEA10001ADB
"Everytimes" I plug it in, it doesnt appear on my Imac desktop and it isnt listed in the finder window so to see it on the desktop Ive to disconect it and change the FireWire port on the mobile hard disk.
Always the same problem with both ports
Can anyone help me please?
Best Regards

Re: G DRIVE mobile 1 TB

Postby Dustin F » Sep 18th, '13, 07:21

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for posting. So for clarity when you change the firewire port does it then mount on the desktop? This behavior happens regardless of which firewire port you start on? Also when it is not displaying on desktop or in finder does the drive appear in disk utility? Does it have this same behavior on usb?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby FRANCESCO » Sep 18th, '13, 07:48

Morning thanks a lot for help
It mount on desktop just when i change the firewire, it happens always if I start from the "first" or the "second" FW port, no difference, Ive always to do this "routine" to use it.
When is not displaying on desktop or in finder I confirm the drive appear in the disk utility.
On USB it works always.

Postby Dustin F » Sep 19th, '13, 08:30

Francesco,

That is an unusual occurrence. Additionally after the first connection if you plug it back into the same port does it mount? It could be port configuration issue stored in the p-ram of the computer. You can try resetting the p-ram. Here is a guide from Apple on how to do so. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby FRANCESCO » Sep 19th, '13, 09:41

Resetting nvram and p-ram still the same problem...tried to plug it back into the same port and it was displayed on desktop now ( but never tried this before to be honest so dont know if was the same before resetting nvram and p-ram).
Regards

Postby Dustin F » Sep 20th, '13, 07:15

Francesco,

The only other thing I can think of is to try it on another computer to see if it behaves the same there to narrow down if it is the drive or the computer. If it is the drive and it is within warranty you can file a RMA from our website. http://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

Return to G-DRIVE mobile

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php