G Connect Battery?

User

G Connect Battery?

Postby Mumbles » Dec 10th, '12, 10:40

I can't find any information online or by searches in the fora for details on the G Connect battery. As a youth sports coach I am trying to develop a player video training process. I need to be able to use my iPhone or iPad to video players, likely in a app like Ubersense, record instructions, draw angles to improve and such using that application, then save the video. I then want to be able to use that saved video to show the players at individual reviews on the iPad or in groups using a digital projector. I want to save the video onto the G Connect, but in some situations will need to be really wireless becasue some locations just don't have power available.

Does G Connect have its own internal battery that allows its full functionality, what is that anticipated battery life, or is there no battery? If there is not a battery then I'll be limited to my ability to use the device in the manner which I need.

I do know a couple of other coaches in my program that have wireless hard drives with batteries, but several of them have issues with file transfer.

Thanks.
Ed

Re: G Connect Battery?

Postby Gene G » Dec 10th, '12, 10:51

Hi Mumbles,

Thanks for your post. The G-Connect does not have an internal battery, external power is required. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Postby Mumbles » Dec 10th, '12, 11:11

Thank you Gene. Using external battery packs would only incumber the process, making it far less convenient and less portable. Is there any development in the works for a G Connect upgrade that will add in device battery capability, even short term battery life? Considering a similar configuration to something like Seagate's GoFlex Satellite? Their device boasts 500GB storage and up to 7 hours of active battery life. I have read testimonials that battery life is actually between 3 and 5 hours, but that would cover periods where I just could not plug in my device. Thanks again for the fast response.

Postby Gene G » Dec 10th, '12, 11:56

Hi Mumbles,

I am not sure of the future development of the G-Connect, right now I would use the current features as you possibly can.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to General Discussion

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php