2TB FW800 G-Drive keeps freezing up

User

2TB FW800 G-Drive keeps freezing up

Postby slocki » Jul 28th, '13, 09:25

Hi,

My G-Drive has this problem that's basically making it unusable, where it just seems to... stop... for 10-30 seconds at a time. This causes programs like Final Cut Pro to totally freeze up and basically become unusable. It also just hangs while trying to copy files to other drives.

Help!

Re: 2TB FW800 G-Drive keeps freezing up

Postby Dustin F » Aug 9th, '13, 10:56

Hi slocki,

Thanks for posting. Does the drive have the same behavior across different connection types? When the drive stops is there any unusual noise coming from it at the time of freezing or during? Do you also have any other g-drives that you could try swapping power adapters with? Let me know of the results.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby slocki » Aug 9th, '13, 13:25

Hi Dustin,

1) I have not yet tried but I will. It does happen regardless of whether I am using an application or copying files, etc.
2) No noise that I can notice.
3) Unfortunately no!

User

Postby Darrell H » Aug 27th, '13, 23:01

I'm experiencing the same problem. Everything worked fine until a few days ago. Have valuable info on the drive and wanted to back it up since it was freezing up my computer. But I can't----- cause it keeps freezing up the computer. I trust G drive with my most important info but seems to have let me down. If I lose the info then i'm in trouble. Please help.

Postby Dustin F » Aug 29th, '13, 09:52

slocki, Darrell H,

Sorry for the delay in reply. If the problem carries across multiple connection types, and happens sporadically it may be a problem with the internal drive. Unfortunately if you did not have the data backed up anywhere else you would need to look into a third party data recovery service. While the drive can be replaced under warranty the data is not covered by it. I am including links to the data recovery companies we are partnered with that can provide free quotes on the cost of recovery as well as provide a discount off their services for our products. I am also including a link to the RMA form for having the drive replaced under warranty. I would recommend looking into the data recovery first before creating the RMA. http://www.hgst.com/support/warranty-rm ... ery-policy
http://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php