G-Raid Running S-L-O-W

User

G-Raid Running S-L-O-W

Postby Corin » Jul 16th, '13, 02:51

Hi

I've been trying to work from my G-Raid but it's running at an unworkable speed. It's thinking for minutes at a time even when doing really simple tasks (like selecting a file).

It's crashed completely twice in the past meaning I had to copy all my files off, reformat and start again. But now there's a disturbing clicking noise.

What should I do?

Many thanks

Corin

Re: G-Raid Running S-L-O-W

Postby Dustin F » Jul 16th, '13, 07:25

Hi Corin,

Thanks for posting. If you are getting diminished performance and now a clicking that is a strong indication that the drive is physically deteriorating. You should back up the data immediately if you don't have it backed up already and file to have the drive replaced if still under warranty. You can check warranty status and file for the RMA from this link. http://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Corin » Aug 22nd, '13, 10:34

Thanks for that Justin. I've only just read this as I forgot to tick the box to get an email notification and it slipped my mind to check back.

I've tried the link you posted and I'm told my serial is invalid

"While the warranty Quick Check may show this hard drive has a valid warranty, NOT ALL WARRANTIES ARE TRANSFERABLE, therefore this Quick Check is not a guarantee of warranty entitlement."

I'm not really sure what to do about this? The drive's definitely under a year old.

Postby Dustin F » Aug 27th, '13, 08:25

Hi Corin,

If you wish you can send the s/n to me via email and can look into this futher. Dustin.Frank@hgst.com
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-RAID

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php