Raid Configuration

User

Raid Configuration

Postby Steve » Dec 4th, '12, 05:38

My new G Speed Q did not have a software CD packaged with it. So I am attempting to use the online Raid Configuration software, but I can only get to : Searching for Compatible G-Tech Storage Systems, this may take a moment. After multiple shorter duration attempts, and an 8 hour attempt, no luck. I changed over to the supplied USB Cable and still no luck, any suggestions.

The drive is configured for Windows, NTFS, Healthy and online, and shows up in 'my computer'. Vista is the installed OS.

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Raid Configuration

Postby Gene G » Dec 4th, '12, 09:26

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post. When you are using the Configurator, make sure you are using the USB port, and that the G-SPEED Q is the only external drive connected. If the G-SPEED Q is not the only drive connected, the Configurator cannot identify the drive. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Postby Steve » Dec 4th, '12, 21:02

Still no luck getting the Raid configuration working. USB is the cable I'm using. I even switched to a connection behind the computer. rebooted and redownloaded the zip file. I'm not sure what to do next with this issue.

Postby Gene G » Dec 5th, '12, 11:36

Hi Steve,

What version of the Configurator are you using?

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php