G Drive 2TB - Time Machine error

User

G Drive 2TB - Time Machine error

Postby dsnow818 » Aug 15th, '13, 12:25

Trying to use a new 2TB G Drive with Time Machine on machine running OS X 10.6.8. Processors are 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon.

Time Machine appears to function normally, writing the entire 900+ Gig back-up, but then gives me a FAILED message.

I've tried using Disk Utility to erase the disc before starting over. That doesn't seem to help.

What gives?

Thanks

Re: G Drive 2TB - Time Machine error

Postby Dustin F » Aug 16th, '13, 08:05

Hi dsnow818,

Thanks for posting. Are you able to write files to it manually (i.e. drag and drop)? When you formatted did you use the erase tab or the partition tab? Have you also power cycled and rechecked the connection cable? Let me know.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Re: G Drive 2TB - Time Machine error

Postby dmax35 » Aug 16th, '13, 18:38

I was having the same issue with a 2TB and returned it after trying to resolve the issue over the phone and gave up * off, I figured I would give G-Tech Products another shot thou this time with a 4TB, same issue. After doing some research, there is an issue with external drives not waking up after sleep via firewire connections.. Google Mac external drives sleep issues and that will tell the story.

In the meantime, I downloaded https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/31158 ... e-spinning to keepin my backup drive i.e. 4TB awake allowing for successful TM backups.

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php