Can't Get Web GUI to Work

User

Can't Get Web GUI to Work

Postby Dbellas » Jul 27th, '13, 04:46

Sorry I forgot the 'Subject", just erase the last submit.

Hi G Team, Get This-->

I just installed a 4 drive es. I got the card driver installed, the firmware updated, I hit setup for the web GUI and nothing happened. I went online and typed in https://localhost:7402 and got an error in both IE and Chrome of "web page not available". I uninstalled, reinstalled, confirmed TLS and SSL were on, suspended Norton Internet for 5 hours. So far nothing works. I can see the drives in computer management as 2 approx. 2GB unformatted drives but MBR Initialized.

1) the software was just downloaded from g-tech site, running IE10 and Chrome
2) tried 3 times to install and reinstall. Verified that the device manager had the RAID software and device driver both are enabled.
3) Checked lights and fan operation.
4) I still have not formatted the drives because I want 1-4GB drive not two 2 GB
5)I am stuck now.
6) Is there some other way to set up a RAID array, besides the WEB GUI?
7) Should I rip out this G-Tech board and plug it into the boards SATA RAID? Do I have to set anything in BIOS?

"Yes folks, these questions and more, when we return next week with, THE RAID HORROR!!! and G-TECH MADNESS!":)

Do the drives need to be formatted in NTFS before the Web GUI works. Can I reformat to 4- ! GB RAID 0 or do I have to stay with 2-2GB RAID? Is there something wrong with my Hosts file? Am I frustrated? Why is it so tough to do this stuff? 2 cables takes 5 minutes but installing the drivers and the stupid web GUI takes hours and hours?

I am running Win 7 64 up to date. ASUS P6T V2 board, I7-950, 12 GB Corsair RAM, GTech SATA RAID Card, Quadro 3800 Video, 2- 1GB Drives and a 256GB SSD, and some other junk.

Any help would be appreciated?

Dbellas
ASUS P6T-V2, I7-950, 12GB DDR3 1600 Corsair V RAM, NVIDIA 3800 Quaddro 3GB DDR4, 256GB Vertex SSD, 2-1TB Seagate Barracuda, Pioneeer BDR-203 and 206, Lite-0On iHAS 424

Re: Can't Get Web GUI to Work

Postby Dustin F » Jul 29th, '13, 08:10

Hi Dbellas,

Thanks for posting. When you run the setup from setup.exe is it going through this install or does it do nothing? Also are you running the setup from within the zip or extracting it? It is better if the folder is extracted. Are you also right clicking on the setup and clicking run as administrator. The raid must be setup from the g-technology card. The webgui access the controller on the card itself. You may also want to remove and reseat the card to ensure a proper connection. It wouldn't matter if you formatted the drives or not for accessing the web gui. The raid is configured from withing the webgui and then formatted using disk management. Give these a try and let me know if you have any more questions.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Dbellas » Jul 31st, '13, 12:08

Hi Duston,

I have done all you have suggested. No Joy.

I run 'setup' in Admin mode and I get a 'running in background' icon as my curser, other than that nothing happens. I have noticed that there are some 14 Registry entries after I click setup. I haves Norton Internet current version installed. I have tried installing the Web GUI with Norton on and in Quiet Mode (which I believe is off", all this silly jargon--how about: "Norton System Managed Suspension and Temporary Delay Caution Mode" or "NSMSTDCM". I prefer--"Off") The only thing I have not tried is running setup in 'safe with network' mode, I think I'll try that right now.

If that does not work what next? I noticed when I start up right after BIOS a RocketRAID 231__x screen comes up and I can see the 4 Hitachi drives there. I tried to configure RAID 5 with the 4 HDs in GTECH but it says 'no suitable drives available. Could this Highpoint BIOS utility be somehow blocking the install of the Web GU from GTECH? If so how do I remove the RocketRaid Drivers, they are not listed in Device Manager, only the GTECH drivers.

Dan

Postby Dustin F » Aug 6th, '13, 16:00

Hi Dbellas,

The internet security may be affecting it. You said in your first post that it was disabled when first trying to install. Can you see the process running in task manager? The process should be called _INS5576._MP. You could try raising the priority of the process as well as create a dump file, both can be done by right clicking on the process.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Dbellas » Aug 6th, '13, 23:05

Duston,

Well I finally got it figgid' oout!

I deleted all IE temp files and cookies. Then restarted in safe mode and uninstalled all related GTECH software using Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner. I then re-booted in safe with Networking and re-installed the web tool. I also protected port 7402 in Norton, although that, I think, was not really an issue.

Then restarted normally ant by Gosh, by Golly, if it didn't work. I almost fell down on top of the cat! I was sooo proud of myself-- beat the MACHINE, Man.

Another notch in my toolbox,
Thx DB

Return to G-SPEED eS

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php