Which to buy??

User

Which to buy??

Postby twdi » Mar 4th, '13, 11:15

Since one week I have a macbook pro retina which I really like. The machine 'only' has 256 gb ssd so I want to buy a storage device for my data, pictures and some holiday moviefiles.

The files are now stored at my windows 7 pc, but due to the screen I want to edit them at my mac. But... which g-technology device should I buy?

Are the thunderbolt versions really a lot faster then the USB3 versions?
What kind of performance (mb/s) can I expect from the single g-drive 2 TB versions?

The raid versions are great but raid 0 isn't safe enough to use as a single point of backup.
I'm just a hobbiest, so which device should I look at?

Re: Which to buy??

Postby Gene G » Mar 4th, '13, 14:44

Hi twch,

Thanks for your post. The G-RAID Thunderbolt are faster than USB3, because of the RAID0 setup, but you can also use it as a RAID1 or JBOD. The speed of a single G-DRIVE USB 3.0 will be about 150 MB/sec, whaich you can also achieve with the G-RAID Thunderbolt as a single JBOD, or the unit (both drives) in RAID1. The benefit of a G-RAID Thunderbolt is the faster technology, ability to setup in multiple configurations, and Thunderbolt can be daisy-chained, including displays. Either drive would work well for you, it all depends on what you are looking for. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php