G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt auto power-on after power failure

User

G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt auto power-on after power failure

Postby paravis » Oct 22nd, '12, 15:44

Hello,

I have a G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt, 4TB, that I am running on a Mac Mini Server. We need this to be powered on automatically after a power failure because all of our corporate data and databases are located on this drive.

Seems that this particular device does not have the physical capability to power itself on after power is restored and the server automatically boots back up ... Can anyone confirm or deny this? It has been quite a while since I've purchased an external hard drive or NAS that has no ability to automatically power itself back on. Quite a drag if that's the case.

Thanks for any help.
~Laz

Re: G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt auto power-on after power failure

Postby Gene G » Oct 23rd, '12, 07:33

Hi Laz,

Thanks for your post. The G-RAID Thunderbolt has a "soft switch" that requires pushing to turn on, and cannot be left in an "on" state like a rocker switch, so it will not be able to power up automatically after a power failure. The best suggestion I can offer at this time is to connect the drive to its own UPS so that it remains on for a period of time. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Re: G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt auto power-on after power failure

Postby paravis » Oct 23rd, '12, 08:06

Oh darn ... That's bad news. Okay, well I will figure something out with the UPS then. Thanks for your quick response Gene.

Take care.
~Laz

Return to G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php