eSpeed - RAID 10 only showing 1 drive

User

eSpeed - RAID 10 only showing 1 drive

Postby LAreduser » Jan 17th, '13, 15:20

HELLO! I just got my eSpeed 4 TB. It was formatted as RAID 0 when I got it, So I went into the Web Gui, and deleted all of the drives, and setup a RAID 10. At this point, afte the 2 hours of initializing, I went to look for the drives, and I am only seeing ONE possible 1 TB drive in the Disk utlitiy. What am I doing wrong? I should see 2 here correct? Also, this RAID 10 means I am going to have 2 x 1 TB drives that have redundancy correct? Did I miss a step? did I overlook something? Please help!

Thanks

Re: eSpeed - RAID 10 only showing 1 drive

Postby Gene G » Jan 18th, '13, 08:41

Hi LAreduser,

Thanks for your post. When the G-SPEED eS is setup for RAID10, you should see an available capacity of half your available capacity, so with your available space, you should see 2TB. It would be a RAIDset of 2 mirrors striped together, giving you 2 drive redundancy. What does it say in the WEB GUI? Does it show complete as a RAID10? Please let me knopw if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Re: eSpeed - RAID 10 only showing 1 drive

Postby LAreduser » Jan 18th, '13, 09:47

Hello,

Everything looks fine now, after speaking with technical support yesterday and was explained why I dont see more than 1 drive.... Because I was expecting RAID 10 to give me 2 x 1TB drives, I now see that it gives me 1 X 2TB drive ( being 2 1TB , then 2 Redundant 1TBs)

After I formatted the 2TB drive in Disk Utility, I am good to go!

Thanks

Return to G-SPEED eS

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php