G-Drive 3TB can't boot via eSata

User

G-Drive 3TB can't boot via eSata

Postby tenko » Jan 10th, '13, 04:59

My G-Drive 3TB, S/N: YHG10S8A can boot via eSata on my 2010 MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, model Identifier 5,2, but can NOT boot on my 2011 MacBook Pro 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 - Thunderbolt, model Identifier 8,3! Both Macs have Express Card Slot and Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
When I start 2010 MacBook Pro with G-Drive connected, Under System Profiler PCI Cards, reads: Driver Installed - Yes, BUT when I do the same with my 2011 MacBook Pro, Under System Profiler PCI Cards, reads: Driver Installed - No
I did try to find a driver on your website, but unfortunately couldn't get any.
Please, advise me what I need to do, to make my G-Drive recognized and working on my 2011 MacBook Pro 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7.

Regards, Tenko

Re: G-Drive 3TB can't boot via eSata

Postby Gene G » Jan 16th, '13, 15:55

Hi Tenko,

Thanks for your post. Are you using a Cardbus34 adapter for your eSATA connection? If so, then the drivers that need updating would be with the adapter, not the drive. There are no drivers required for the G-Drive to work on eSATA. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Postby tenko » Jan 21st, '13, 14:08

Hello Gene,

I am using OWC ExpressCard/34 for eSATA connectivity with my both MacBook Pro.
I can boot via eSata on my 2010 MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, but
I can not boot on my 2011 MacBook Pro 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 - Thunderbolt.
I don't remember installing any driver on my older MacBook Pro, which has no problem
of booting my G-Drive. Should I try to find a driver for that ExpressCard/34?

Regards, Tenko

Postby Gene G » Jan 22nd, '13, 11:33

Hi Tenko,

You would need to have updated, Thunderbolt-aware, drivers for the OWC ExpressCard/34. The computer needs to be able to recognize the cardbus adapter through Thunderbolt, which is why the adapter is most likely not working for you. The drive works on the older MacBookPro because you are not using the Thunderbolt interface. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php