G-Speed Q Fails to Mount on Mac OS 10.8.2

User

G-Speed Q Fails to Mount on Mac OS 10.8.2

Postby alexgauthier » Dec 27th, '12, 09:38

I've had my GSpeed Q for about four months and it's been a great time machine back up until today when I noticed an alert that Time Machine hadn't completed a backup for 10 days!

Fiddling with the drive, I've done the following so far:

1. Power cycle drive and iMac both. No results
2. Unplug and Replug the firewire cable using different ports. No results
3. Using Disk Utility, verify that the disk shows up etc. It does, though still won't mount so that it's accessible.
4. System Profiler sees the volumes in the SATA devices list.
5. Checked to see if there is any sort of notice about a needed firmware update to work with OS 10.8.2... there doesn't seem to be.

I don't really want to reformat my drive or have to send it in as it's the main backup for my photography business. For the price of this drive, I'll be very upset if it's failed already. I've created a secondary backup of my photos on another drive already but I wonder if anyone has ideas for what I could do short of sending it in. It seems like it could actually be an OS X problem, and not the drive?

User

Re: G-Speed Q Fails to Mount on Mac OS 10.8.2

Postby alexgauthier » Dec 27th, '12, 09:41

Correction:

The volumes DO NOT show up in either System Profiler or Disk Utility. I was confusing it with my perfectly functional after years of service LaCie drive... Sorry for the snarkiness but I'm now irritated.

Re: G-Speed Q Fails to Mount on Mac OS 10.8.2

Postby Gene G » Dec 27th, '12, 10:57

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your post. What are the condition of the indicator lights? Are there any unusual sounds or activity? Have you tried a different cable or port, such as USB? Have you tried another computer? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php