Playback of iTunes purchased movies

User

Playback of iTunes purchased movies

Postby Dvt1249 » Jul 29th, '12, 09:38

Most of my movie library was purchased through iTunes. While this is in M4v format, I'm wondering how the G-Connect and the iOS app handle the Apple DRM? I can easily copy these files to the G-Connect, but am unsure if they will stream to an authorized iPad or iPod Touch. I'd like to understand this better before I purchase.

Thank you

Re: Playback of iTunes purchased movies

Postby Brandon P » Aug 3rd, '12, 06:35

Dvt1249,

After the iPad has been authorized and synced it should be able to play the iTunes downloaded media. You have two options for playback with our device out of the box. The G-CONNECT app from the store and the built in Webapp that runs through Safari.
Brandon P
G-Technology Technical Support

User

Postby delphinec » Nov 10th, '13, 09:08

I transferred iTunes movies purchased to the G-Connect device however it only sees 2 movies (though there are more than 12) but will not let me play them... The files are there though. HELP??? Apple DRM issue? WHat to do? I purchased this device ONLY to be able to store all the movies I purchase through iTunes but cannot store on my iPad.

Postby Dustin F » Nov 11th, '13, 09:45

Hi delphinec,

Thanks for posting. As there are updates to apple's DRM protocols the native player may not always be able to recognize them as we do not have access to apple's DRM tech. You can check for firmware updates for the g-connect, but what I can recommend as a work around is to move the videos into the public folder on the g-connect and then try using third party video players on the ipad to access them. in the regular folder third party players cannot see the files but can if they are in the public folder.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to Video Playback Troubleshooting

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php