Windows 8.1 & Asus-Deluxe Quad with Thunderbolt

User

Windows 8.1 & Asus-Deluxe Quad with Thunderbolt

Postby Jairo » Mar 27th, '14, 10:29

Hi. I plugged the device to a PC with a Asus-Deluxe Quad With thunderbolt port running windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried everything but the system does not see the device. I read on previous posts that you were working on a windows drive for this unit. I bought it online and the advertisement says that it was windows compatible, so I assumed that the driver was ready.

Can you provide such driver?

Thanks,

Jairo

Re: Windows 8.1 & Asus-Deluxe Quad with Thunderbolt

Postby Dustin F » Mar 28th, '14, 07:57

Hi Jairo,

Thanks for posting. To confirm you see nothing in disk management for the unit? The drive is pre-formatted for mac and would appear as two internal drives each would have a 200MB EFI partition on it, a GPT partition, and usually a very small amount of unallocated space. On the latest version of windows it has been able to build the drivers automatically, the intel chipset drivers have been all that was needed to get the drive to be recognized. Where did you purchase it from, and does the box itself list the windows compatibility on it?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Jairo » Mar 28th, '14, 18:56

Thanks Dustin.

Disk management, nor device manager do not see anything of what you are indicating. My computer case is a full tower using latest technology on CPU and Video card with 32 GB memory, with 6 solid state disks, all of them are recognized. The box only says Mac OS 10.7 + compatibility. I bought it from Amazon January 20, 2104, brand new. The windows compatibility comes from your webpage. I do plenty of heavy photographic work and backing up my work is a must for me.

Thank you againg,

Jairo

Postby Dustin F » Mar 31st, '14, 08:03

Jairo,

Some of the early units of g-raid thunderbolt did not have the hardware enabled for pc compatibility. It sounds like you got an older unit that was mac compatible only. It seems like it has been some time since you purchased it, but you may want to contact the amazon vendor to see if they can exchange it for you. If they are unable to do that for you we could try exchanging it through warranty to try and get you a windows compatible unit.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-RAID w/ Thunderbolt

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php