Getting started

User

Getting started

Postby JBeall » Apr 13th, '12, 16:13

I am having difficulty setting up my new device with the WIFI network. I cannot find a contact phone number to call. Any ideas about why the WIFI is not connecting?

Re: Getting started

Postby Brandon P » Apr 16th, '12, 14:04

Hello JBeall,

If we could get some more info about where you are having the issue of connecting to the wifi network that would be great. Is this at the very beginning of powering on the unit or at the end of the setup process?
Brandon P
G-Technology Technical Support

User

Postby orrenb » Mar 5th, '14, 13:51

I too am having a problem getting started (W7)... I am using an LG G2 as a hotspot and therefore have no eathernet port to hook the gconnect to. I can get to it as a mapped drive... but can't figure out how to have it as just another device on my local network. ie I don't seem to be able to figure out how to connect to both it and the internet....

How do I do that?

Postby Dustin F » Mar 6th, '14, 13:10

Hi orrenb,

Thanks for posting. The G-Connect has wifi output not input. You would connect to the g-connects own wifi to configure it which does not require internet access just a web browser. But to have internet for the g-connect it requires an ethernet connection, which would allow it to function as a hotspot.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to Getting Started

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php