G-Dock has problems to mount G-Drives

User

G-Dock has problems to mount G-Drives

Postby oliveroettli » Feb 27th, '14, 23:39

Hello there

I currently use two G-Docks with altogether 4 G-Drives for my current work as a photographer.
I enjoy the fact that I can take the G-Drive with me to shootings and then plug them back to the G-Dock to work on the pictures when I am in the studio.
However, I noticed that one of my G-Docks has frequently problems to mount the G-Drive.

I take the G-Drive with me on shootings, but since I use one of the Drives as Back Up, I also take two of the drives at home during night. Almost every morning, when I plug the G-Drive back into the Dock, it has problems to recognize the Drive.
Sometimes the connection also gets lost during the day and I have to reboot the computer or the G-Dock (sometimes more then once) until the G-Drive is being recognized again.

Do you have any tipps what may be wring and how to fix it?
I use 2 G-Docks with 2x2 G-Drives on a new Mac Pro 2013. I also installed the G-Technology Assistant.

Thanks for your help,
Oliver

Re: G-Dock has problems to mount G-Drives

Postby Dustin F » Feb 28th, '14, 09:12

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for posting. Does the drive have problem with both docks or just the one? If just the one is it both slots on the dock? Is the dock in a daisy chain or are you on a mac with 2 thunderbolt ports and using both? If in a daisy chain is it the first dock in the chain or the second? Please let me know.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby oliveroettli » Mar 3rd, '14, 00:20

Hello there Dustin

thanks for your answer.
The problem seems to only happen on one of the drives. But it seems to appear on both slots.
The Docks are connected with 2 Thunderbolt Ports. No Daisy Chain.

This morning, when I plugged in the Back Up HDs (which is on both Docks the second slot) it was recognized without a problem. So it seems the problem does not appear all the time.

Newest Software (1.0.0 (8)) and Drivers, newest OS X 10.9.2 and newest Mac Pro 3.5Ghz 6-Core

Postby Dustin F » Mar 3rd, '14, 12:02

Hi Oliver,

So the problem is on one of the docks but is happening to both slots inconsistently? It is not following a particular module? Have you also tried swapping the thunderbolt cables around to see if that affects it?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby oliveroettli » Mar 18th, '14, 23:36

Hello Dustin

I observed the problem in the past days and right now it seems that everything works so far. Only the LED Light does not work on one of the Docks. On the other one it works. Strange enough.

Now I switched the TB Cable. As a result the second drive of the other dock did not mount. So it seems to be a problem with that USB Port on my Mac Pro...?
When I removed and inserted the Drive again, it was mounted.
Then I unmounted both drives and BOTH LEDs worked.

So after that I must say, I am back with this inconsistent error. I can't find a pattern at the moment.

Return to G-DOCK and G-DRIVE ev

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php