No Welcome Page

User

No Welcome Page

Postby Craig » Jul 2nd, '12, 09:34

In setup for G-Connect, the Welcome Page doesn't load. I restarted the router, restarted the G-Connect, but page isn't loading. I notice the Status indicator light flashes for a time, but then goes dark (faintly lit only by the spillover light from the neighboring WiFi LED). Any suggestions?

Re: No Welcome Page

Postby Brandon P » Jul 3rd, '12, 07:01

Craig,

The status light is supposed to go off, so that is normal operation but of course you should be able to get to the setup page by entering the gtech-connect.com address in your browser after connecting to the G-CONNECT SSID.

You can also try going directly to the IP address of the device. In your browser use 172.16.0.1.

If that isn't happening it is possible the unit needs to be reset to defaults. To do this press and hold down the Wifi button until the lights begin to flash. It will reset the device to defaults so you can get to the Welcome Page.
Brandon P
G-Technology Technical Support

User

Postby Craig » Jul 3rd, '12, 14:30

Tried both of those suggestions, but no luck. When I do the reset only the Status button flashes, not all of the "lights." Don't know if all are supposed to flash or if the word "lights" in your initial reply was a typo.

I've tried using different browsers, Safari 5.1.7, Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47, OmniWeb 5.11/GM-v622.16. When I check the status of the network it shows an IP address of 172.16.0.164 even though I've typed in 172.16.0.1. Don't know if that has any bearing on the subject. I've also tried renewing the DHCP Lease as I've read Apple's OS X Lion (now using 10.7.4) had some bugs. I've also looked at the Network Diagnostics. It shows I'm connected to the Internet, but I'm not able to access gtech-connect.com or any page on the web using the G-Connect.

Other info about my system: MacBook Pro 17-inch, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I've also tried setting up using a first generation iPad. No luck there either.

Postby Brandon P » Jul 5th, '12, 06:52

The G-CONNECT is broadcasting its WiFi signal correct? What is is being listed as?
Brandon P

User

Postby Craig » Jul 6th, '12, 12:00

G-CONNECT-MVJT

Postby Brandon P » Jul 9th, '12, 07:35

Craig,

Try this:

- Power down the G-CONNECT
- Plug the ethernet connection into the G-CONNECT so that it is getting an internet connection from your router.
- Power on the G-CONNECT and once the WiFi light goes on press and hold the WiFi button on the side of the G-CONNECT
- You will notice the lights blinking on Status and a quick flash on PWR/HDD. Continue to hold the WiFi button until you see the lights on the ethernet port go out. They will come back on and it will attempt the update process.
- You will notice it is going through the update when the WiFi and Status lights start blinking back and forth alternating. This process can take up to 20 minutes to finish. Once it does the Status light should be off and the unit should now be working. You will have to setup the network SSID again but the files inside will remain.
Brandon P

Return to General Troubleshooting

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php