Getting Error Message to Format Drive

User

Getting Error Message to Format Drive

Postby southamcreative » Sep 27th, '12, 20:25

I moved my 2TB G-Safe from one computer to another today and when I plugged the USB cord into the destination PC and turned it on, the computer recognized the drive but told me I have to format it before I can use it. I moved the drive back to the original PC and got the same message.

The G-Safe tells me both drives are "OK". Obviously, it would be disasterous for me to have to format the drive. When I right click the drive in Win7 and select "Manage", the computer recognizes the drive, but still can't get to the data.

The drive is setup in a RAID configuration (2x 1TB drives).

Any help out there? :-)

Thanks in advance,
/Randal

Re: Getting Error Message to Format Drive

Postby Gene G » Oct 5th, '12, 07:40

Hi Randal,

Thanks for your post. Does the drive have any unusual sounds or activity? Have you tried different ports or cables? You could try one of the drives in a drive enclosure as it will appear as a single drive. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Re: Getting Error Message to Format Drive

Postby pnewbold69 » May 22nd, '14, 13:30

Hi Randal,
Did you get a fix for this?
I have a similar issue moving from my old laptop (using an eSATA cable) to a new laptop (using a USB2 cable). The G-SAFE (1TB) is fine on the old laptop, but on the new I see the drive (in Windows Explorer etc) but it prompts me to format the drive as soon as it's been recognized.
Regards,
Phil

Return to G-SAFE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php