problem with setup

User

problem with setup

Postby junior » May 13th, '12, 01:51

Hi Hope someone has an Idea what went wrong with the setup

I setup the G-Connect and had 2 problems both times the G-connect would not accept the admin password that I entered, the first time I did a reset to factory default, the second time I also get the error 'FILESYSTEM_NOT_AVAILABLE'.

Re: problem with setup

Postby Brandon P » May 14th, '12, 06:41

Hello junior,

So it seems after the reset you were able to get into the device but you now get the FILESYSTEM error. This error is likely caused by a corrupted FAT table in the device. This could happen by cutting the power to the device or an issue during setup.

We have found that this can be fixed by attaching the G-CONNECT to a Mac via USB if you are using one and run Disk Utility. Once in Disk Utility select the G-CONNECT and use First Aid to repair the disk. Once this has finished, eject the G-CONNECT and reconnect to it via WiFi. In most cases this will fix it, but if it still gives the FILESYSTEM error you can try a factory reset one more time by holding down the WFi button for about 10-15 seconds.
Brandon P
G-Technology Technical Support

User

Postby junior » May 15th, '12, 04:46

Brandon

Thanks for the reply

I dont have a Mac only PC's, I have connected it to a PC and I can see the file system and there appears to be nothing wrong.

I did an error check ( via device properties, Tools, Error-checking ) and there were no errors found .

The Directories/Files that I see are when connected to the PC are

.fsevented - there are files under this
.Spotlight-V100 - there are directories and files under this
.Trashes
Documents
Music
Photos
Public
Videos
._.Trashes
._.
.VolumeIcon.icns

I dont understand why I cannot login using the admin account.

I will try another reset and see how I go.

User

Postby junior » May 15th, '12, 05:26

Brandon

I did the reset and can now login via a web browser but cannot do anything...just sits there with the browser timer circle......

When I try the G-connect APP I again got lots of the 'FILESYSTEM_NOT_AVAILABLE' errors

I cannot login the the G-Connect via the app from an ipad, just says error and an ok button at the password prompt.

Postby Brandon P » May 15th, '12, 08:37

junior,

Make sure when attaching the G-CONNECT with power that you are using our supplied cable and wall connector. It needs the 2.1amps.
Brandon P
G-Technology Technical Support

User

Postby junior » May 16th, '12, 01:19

Brandon

That was the problem with the access to the disk, obviously the wifi was OK but the disk did not have enough current, I had it pluged in to the power supply I use for the iPad.

Thanks very much.

Administrator

Postby Adrian C » May 16th, '12, 15:55

Hi junior,

Can you please try performing a software update to the unit, just to ensure you are at the latest level.

You would need to simply attach the device via an ethernet cable to your router. The Status and Wifi lights will begin flashin alternately to signify that a software update is in process.

Please leave the device for around 20-25 minutes, until the Status light becomes solid.

(If you are already at the latest level, then then alternating lights should switch to the solid Status light very quickly.)

Adrian C
G-Technology Support Center

Return to General Troubleshooting

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php