Lost password! Please help

User

Lost password! Please help

Postby Ghost rider » Dec 29th, '13, 17:18

Guys,
I forgot the password on my G-Connect. Is there any way that I can recover it or reset the drive. I do not have many files on it so even if I loose them due to the reset, it will not be a big issue. I really need some help with this.
Thank you.

Re: Lost password! Please help

Postby Dustin F » Dec 30th, '13, 11:23

Hi Ghost rider,

Thanks for posting. You can perform a factory reset on the unit to reset the password. This can be done in the following steps.
*make sure the unit is on
*hold down the wifi button (this little button next to the power) for 10 seconds until the status light starts to blink.
*this will take several minutes once it returns to solid you should see the ssid of the g-connect return to the default unsecured signal. Connect to it and begin setup as it came out of the box.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby anibal » Jan 2nd, '15, 15:04

Hi, i follow the steps to reset my G-Connect to default Factory configuration, but it does not work, the G-Connect stopped working. The status light permanently went white and blinking. The wifi ligh permanently went white and the wifi can not turn off. I try with the steps to update the firmware, but the result is the same. Curiosly the G-Connect if visible on the network, responds to ping and several active services are detected with a network scanning tool. but does not work.

Please help me

Postby Dustin F » Jan 5th, '15, 08:27

Hi anibal,

Thanks for posting. If the factory resets and manual firmware update both fail and are unable to access the web interface then it would seem the unit has become faulty. If within warranty you can file a RMA online to have it replaced. https://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby anibal » Jan 5th, '15, 11:15

Dustin F wrote:Hi anibal,

Thanks for posting. If the factory resets and manual firmware update both fail and are unable to access the web interface then it would seem the unit has become faulty. If within warranty you can file a RMA online to have it replaced. https://www.hgst.com/warranty/index_gtech_serial.do

I bought the G-Connect on a trip I took to Las Vegas, I am and I live in Costa Rica, is very difficult do a RMA to replace the unit; no other way to repair the G-Connect ?. Is there possible that you send me a boot file to copy it in any default folders that have the G-Connect?

Thanks,

Postby Dustin F » Jan 6th, '15, 08:12

anibal,

You can try the manual firmware update but if you were unable to start a factory reset it may not work. Here is how to update firmware manually.

First turn the unit off.
Connect an ethernet cable to the unit.
Turn the unit on, once the status light comes on press and hold the wifi button (the little button next to the power button)
Watch the orange and green lights on the ethernet port, they will turn off, keep holding the wifi button.
Once the lights turn back on release the wifi button.
The status light and wifi light should start alternating back and forth.
This process will take about 15 minutes while it downloads the latest firmware and applys it to the unit.
When the lights go solid again the process has finished.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

Return to General Discussion

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php