G Speed eS and HP Elitebook

User

G Speed eS and HP Elitebook

Postby James Dupree » Oct 18th, '12, 11:41

Hello,

I am trying to connect my G Speed eS RAID 5 to my HP Elitebook. The G Speed is currently also used with my HPZ800 via the G Speed RAID controller card. That connection has no problems and works great. The Elitebook has an eSATA port for easy connection but it only shows up using the Intel Rapid Storage software as a 2.5TB drive and asks to be formatted. I have downloaded the Web GUI but it will not connect. Both machines are running windows 7 Pro 64-bit. What steps am I missing to connect it?

Thanks for your time,
James

Re: G Speed eS and HP Elitebook

Postby Gene G » Oct 19th, '12, 09:02

Hi James,

Thanks for your post. As it turns out, the G-SPEED eS will not mount on your HP Elitebook because the RAID5 is built on the G-Tech RAID controller card, and is required to function. The G-SPEED eS enclosure also requires a port-multiplication aware eSATA port, otherwise it can only see one of the drives, such as you are experiencing. If you would like a RAID5 solution that you can use between both computers, I suggest you look at the G-SPEED Q, which has a built-in controller card and Firewire, USB, and eSATA ports. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Re: G Speed eS and HP Elitebook

Postby James Dupree » Oct 19th, '12, 10:23

Look at that, our G Speed Q popped up right away. Thanks for the info and the quick response. It's much appreciated.

James

Return to G-SPEED eS

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php