Daisy Chain not working

User

Daisy Chain not working

Postby Lauren » Jul 1st, '13, 06:47

I got my new Q up and running but I'm having problems with connectivity. My imac can see the Q (connected via fw800 to thunderbolt adapter) but if I plug another drive into the firewire port I can't see it. I also can't get the drive to work using the esata to usb 3.0 adapter. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Daisy Chain not working

Postby Dustin F » Jul 1st, '13, 11:03

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried setting the G-Speed Q further out in the daisy chain? Does the drive you are trying to set as second in the chain have it's own power supply? The thunderbolt to firewire adapter does not handle more than one bus powered drive and and the Q may be taking up a lot of voltage preventing the bus power from passing through it. As for the esata to usb adapter; it may require a reboot once the drive is connected to see the drive as sometimes happens with esata. We have not tested the Q with these adapter so I cannot say if there is any compatibility issues with it.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Lauren » Jul 3rd, '13, 14:10

Thanks for your reply. Yes I learned I need to put the other drive first in the chain or possibly add a power supply. Disappointing but workable. As for the Esata to USB 3 no luck. I've tried to reboot - but still doesn't see it.

One more question..
Is it best to turn off the Q when I'm not using it. Obviously "ejecting" it first. May sound silly but can't hurt to ask.

thanks

Postby Dustin F » Jul 10th, '13, 08:37

Hi Lauren,

Leaving the drive on or turning it off is a matter of preference. Many leave the drive on all the time.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php