Q-Speed Q - Disable all of sudden.

User

Q-Speed Q - Disable all of sudden.

Postby MatthewB » Nov 14th, '12, 12:48

So today something really strange, sad and very bad happened to my G-Speed Q.

A bit information about the set up:

G-Speed Q: Raid 5 - 8 TB (6 TB available)
using it on a late 2008 - macbook pro & Imac 27' 2010
------------------------------------------------

All of a sudden today my G-Speed Q would disable it self (while i was listening to music thru my iTunes library which is located on the G-Speed Q.) all of the LED's would flash for a few seconds, just as it use to when it powers up - so for me this looks like it lost power for a really fast second.

This have happened 4 times now - there is no specific time for when it happens but it seems to happen within approximately 30 mins. every time.

3 times out of 4 it was on my macbook pro and 1 time on my Imac. I tried using the fire-ware cable aswell as the USB.

I've ran 'Control disk' in mac' disk utility - where it seemed to be working under control.

Everything saved on the disk seem to be working fine.
It just disable it selfs - powering up again and after a moment it's mounted to my computer again :(

And trust me i've tried different cables & plug-ins and i can make sure it's not our power which is dropping as my Imac keep being alive.

Let me know what you think - as i can't call support yet.

Best Regards

Matthew - thanks for helping in advance

ps. i dont recall if it used to do this but - each time i power it up it starts with flashing all LEDS as usually but at the time they all go BLUE - the RED one in the front pops RED LED around 4 times and then stops.

Re: Q-Speed Q - Disable all of sudden.

Postby Gene G » Nov 15th, '12, 08:45

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your post. Have you been present when the drive exhibits this? Does the red light stay on, or go out after blinking? Can you access your data, and if so do the files open OK? Have you made sure the power cable is seated properly? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

User

Postby MatthewB » Nov 21st, '12, 04:44

So to start of - this havn't happend since i wrote last time. :)

(I assume it have to be something with the power - as which might have been **** that one day)

Just to answer your questions the red light would go out after blinking.
and yes - i could easily access my data and yes the power cable were seated correctly.

Lucky me this havn't happend since and i've made it to backup everything once again on something else if it would start making problems again.

Thanks for the fast respond but seem like no need at the moment.

Matthew

Postby Gene G » Nov 21st, '12, 08:19

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. It does sound like it was a power issue, perhaps something was not seated quite enough and you fixed the issue by checking the cables. Please contact us if you have this issue again.

Regards,
Gene Gilbert
G-Technology Tech Support
g-technology.com

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php