Can't change to RAID0 Windows 8

User

Can't change to RAID0 Windows 8

Postby dpolcino » Jun 1st, '13, 20:07

I just got the G-Speed Q 4TB, I only see 3TB and can't switch to RAID0. The configurator doesn't recognize the drive regardless of the port type I use. Is there a way to change this to RAID 0 with some other tool or what am I missing?
thanks

Re: Can't change to RAID0 Windows 8

Postby Dustin F » Jun 3rd, '13, 08:32

Hi dpolcino,

Thanks for posting. I have tested the configurator on our windows 8 machine and seems to be fine. There are a few things you should check. First that it is connected via usb directly to the computer, not through a hub or anything. Make sure there are no other external drives or flash drives attached. Right click and run the configurator as administrator. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Re: Can't change to RAID0 Windows 7

Postby grahamc » Jun 15th, '14, 21:19

I have successfully reformatted my G Speed Q (USB 2.0) for Windows 7, but I cannot get the RAID configurator to recognize the drive. I downloaded the Configurator for Windows 64 bit USB 2.0 (which is correct for my desktop). I then tried using 32 bit USB 2.0 on my laptop (which is correct for my laptop), but still no success. I have no other storage drives plugged in, so that is not the issue. Could you please help me to sort this out so that I can start to use the unit. Thanks for your help in advance.

Postby Dustin F » Jun 16th, '14, 09:58

Hi grahamc,

Sometimes background programs like backup utilities or others that actively scan certain ports can interfere with the configurator. You can try turning off active protection from antivirus or if you have any syncing software that manages data between drives. The simpilist solution would be to open msconfig and do a diagnostic startup to load only basic services, disabling any third party startup items that might be interfering.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby grahamc » Jun 16th, '14, 14:09

Thanks for the advice. I have disabled other backup and sync programs, but still cannot download the configurator. I only want to use RAID 5 level and I understand that the unit is factory configured for that setting anyway. I assume that even after reformatting the unit for Windows 7 that the RAID 5 configuration is still active. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.

Postby Dustin F » Jun 17th, '14, 07:31

grahamc,

Correct, the unit comes RAID 5 out of the box and a format of the drive does not affect that. Only running the configurator would change that. If that is how you wish it to be then you do not need to run it.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

Return to G-SPEED Q

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php