G-SAFE eject problem

User

G-SAFE eject problem

Postby titienne » Jan 29th, '14, 13:02

Hi !

I Have a G-SAFE 1 TO for about 3 years and a couple month ago, when I eject the drive from my computer, the G-SAFE drive still continue to run, usually the drive fan and disk slowly stopped and then I turned the switch at OFF, but not anymore.

Is is normal ? Does it can affect my files on my G-SAFE ?
I have a imac 2012 running on maverick.

Thanks for helping !

Re: G-SAFE eject problem

Postby Dustin F » Jan 30th, '14, 09:16

Hi titienne,

Thanks for posting. This occurrence seems to be happen on systems that upgraded to mavericks especially by more than one major version (i.e. 10.6 or 10.7 to 10.9) It does not occur on clean installs of 10.9. It seems to be a conflict of drivers left over from previous versions of the mac os. Currently the only real solution we have found is doing a clean install of 10.9 to a system.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby mhammon » Apr 19th, '14, 13:42

I have a similar problem. When my iMac wakes up, it often displays a message that my G-Safe wasn't ejected properly. This is an incorrect message, since I didn't eject the G-Safe, just put the computer to sleep.
When I shut the computer down and later start it back up, I get no such message, so that's become my way of dealing with the problem.

This hasn't affected the G-Safe's performance either as a place to store my image files or as a Time Machine drive.

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.2.

Suggestions?

Postby Dustin F » Apr 21st, '14, 08:30

Hi mhammon,

Thanks for posting. There was a known apple issue that apple had with drives ejecting improperly after coming out of sleep over firewire. They may have a solution would suggest contacting apple support.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-SAFE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php