2tb G-Drive goes to sleep when settings are set to never

User

2tb G-Drive goes to sleep when settings are set to never

Postby dcalonzo » Nov 8th, '13, 08:45

I have issues that my 2TB g-drive with usb 3.0 and firewire going sleep. I'm on Windows7 64-bit box.
Is there a utility or a script I can run to keep them from going to sleep?

TIA
-David

Re: 2tb G-Drive goes to sleep when settings are set to never

Postby Dustin F » Nov 11th, '13, 08:19

Hi David,

Thanks for posting. We have seen this issue occur on some systems. We have developed a firmware fix for this issue. I am including a link to the g-drive firmware update at the bottom. The firmware must be performed over firewire and you will want the drive in question to be the only external storage attached to the system at the time. While we have not seen the firmware update itself affect the data we do recommend backing up the data if it is not already, in case of some kind of interruption of the update process which could render the drive unusable.

http://www.g-technology.com/support/g-drive-downloads
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Re: 2tb G-Drive goes to sleep when settings are set to never

Postby dcalonzo » Nov 11th, '13, 15:06

Dustin F wrote:Hi David,

Thanks for posting. We have seen this issue occur on some systems. We have developed a firmware fix for this issue. I am including a link to the g-drive firmware update at the bottom. The firmware must be performed over firewire and you will want the drive in question to be the only external storage attached to the system at the time. While we have not seen the firmware update itself affect the data we do recommend backing up the data if it is not already, in case of some kind of interruption of the update process which could render the drive unusable.

http://www.g-technology.com/support/g-drive-downloads

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the update and while doing the firmware update, after quite some time it came up with a error "firmware update failed" I've since restarted and it has bricked the drive. The drive was functionally perfectly before the firmware update attempt minus the spin down. Thankfully the data is backed up. I have not attempted to update the other drive. Is there a way I can contact you via PM or on here to proceed further to restore the drive to a useable state, or have the drive replaced?

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php