G-Drive not mounting after restart

User

G-Drive not mounting after restart

Postby Pianoman1a » Jun 24th, '14, 05:37

Hello,

Whenever I restart my iMac, which is about once a week, my G-Drive partitions do not show up in any finder windows. If I open Disk Utility, I can see the drive but I need to eject it and remount it or unmount and mount each partition individually. It is connected to the computer via Firewire 800. There are two more external drives that are further down the chain that always automatically show up. Anybody know what I might be able to do to fix this issue?

Thanks!

User

Re: G-Drive not mounting after restart

Postby Delta » Apr 22nd, '15, 22:52

I have the same Problem using the G-Drive with Thunderbolt or USB. G-Drive is mounting but shows not on the desktop.

Postby Dustin F » Apr 23rd, '15, 07:26

Hi Delta,

So your drive mounts in finder but not on the desktop, or won't mount after a reboot as the previous entry and have to mount manually from disk utility?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Delta » Apr 23rd, '15, 09:20

The drive itself mounts. Light is on and I can hear the disk. But no icon on the desktop or in finder (thunderbolt or usb). With Disk Utility I deactivate the Drive and activate it again. Now the Icon is on visible.

User

Postby Delta » Apr 24th, '15, 00:34

Dustin F wrote:Hi Delta,

So your drive mounts in finder but not on the desktop, or won't mount after a reboot as the previous entry and have to mount manually from disk utility?

Hi
Drive doesn't mount in finder or desktop after reboot with thunderbolt or usb. But drive starts and light is on. With disk utility I deactivate and activate the drive than the icon appears. With thunderbolt that happens nearly every reboot. With usb its better.

Postby Dustin F » Apr 27th, '15, 07:58

Hi Delta,

That sounds like a logical entry issue the os has with the drive. You could try running a verify disk on the operating system drive to see if it detect any issues, or you could backup the data on the drive and reformat so the computer recognizes it as a different drive in order to have a fresh entry for it.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby Delta » May 4th, '15, 21:58

That sounds like a logical entry issue the os has with the drive. You could try running a verify disk on the operating system drive to see if it detect any issues, or you could backup the data on the drive and reformat so the computer recognizes it as a different drive in order to have a fresh entry for it.

All that didn't help. Same behavior as before.

Postby Dustin F » May 5th, '15, 08:32

Hi Delta,

Even after reformat it has the same behavior? Have you tried on any other computers to see if the issue happens there as well?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby Delta » May 5th, '15, 09:29

Even after reformat it has the same behavior? Have you tried on any other computers to see if the issue happens there as well?

Yes, even after reformat, which took me two days to replay all data. I'll test it with another computer.

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php