G-Drive 2TB - Appears on Mac Device List - But Won't Show Co

User

G-Drive 2TB - Appears on Mac Device List - But Won't Show Co

Postby Producer6 » May 5th, '14, 06:17

Hi, my G-Drive 2TB (2011) appears on the Mac Device listing. Get Info shows it has 1.5 TB of content saved, but the contents do not appear in the Finder window. Is there a way to access this data and move it off the malfunctioning drive?

Re: G-Drive 2TB - Appears on Mac Device List - But Won't Sho

Postby Dustin F » May 5th, '14, 07:48

Hi Producer6.

Thanks for posting. Does verify disk in disk utility see any issues with the drive. Also have you connected the drive to any other computer to see if the problem persists there? If neither works you may need to run a recovery software to allow you to copy the files off the drive, you would then be free to reformat the drive to get it back to normal functioning.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Producer6 » May 5th, '14, 08:12

Hi Dustin, thanks for responding. I ran the Verify Disk function and it reports that the drive seems ok. However, while can see the drive, I still can't see the contents in the Finder. I have also connected the drive to another laptop - the situation is the same there. Can you suggest a recovery software? Thanks, N

Postby Dustin F » May 5th, '14, 08:36

Hi Producer6,

Data Rescue 3 is one of the better data recovery tools out there and you can try a free trial of it first to make sure it can see the files.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php