Restoring from backup.

User

Restoring from backup.

Postby Ads677 » Apr 16th, '14, 23:52

Non-technical newbie here. I have a 1TB G-Drive and an iMac running Snow Leopard. The G-Drive is used to manually back up the iMac (rather than using Time Machine) and I now want to restore iTunes due to some albums being inadvertently deleted.

However, I can find nothing in the manual which explains how to access the backup files and make such a restoration, can anyone help please?

Re: Restoring from backup.

Postby Dustin F » Apr 17th, '14, 07:16

Hi Ads677,

Thanks for posting. If you manually copied files to the drive such as with a click and drag of files you would merely need to locate the folder where it would have been stored on the drive and copy back to the original folder on the computer.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby Ads677 » Apr 17th, '14, 07:59

Hi Dustin

Thanks for the reply - when I say manually back up I mean that I didn't get Time Machine to do it continually. What I do is go to the Time Machine backup option and simply click on back up now.

When I look in Finder I can see the G Drive and the date of the relevant back up, but I can't seem to access the specific folder and I'm not given a 'restore' option within Time Machine.

Ads

Postby Dustin F » Apr 21st, '14, 08:00

Hi Ads,

If you did use time machine to backup you would use the enter time machine option from the time machine icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen or you would use time machine from the applications folder. From there you can restore files stored in the compressed time machine format. Here is a link to a guide on time machine.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1427
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php