Partitioning

User

Partitioning

Postby mildendo » Mar 23rd, '14, 22:42

I have ended up after part 19 with a primary healthy partition of 2048.00 GB RAW and an unallocated partition of 1678.02 GB.

Should I return to the start? I am using Windows 8.1.

Re: Partitioning

Postby Dustin F » Mar 24th, '14, 09:30

Hi mildendo,

Thanks for posting. It appears you have a 4TB drive using windows 8.1 correct? A raw partition table is usually a corrupted one and would need to be deleted and a new partition created in order for the drive to function again. If you need to get data off before hand you would want to try a third party data recovery software like data rescue pc 3 or r-studio. If the drive lists as two unallocated partitions after you delete the raw, then your drive is most likely in a MBR partition table and must be converted to a GPT. Any drive larger than 2TB requires a GPT partition table.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby mildendo » Mar 25th, '14, 00:28

Dustin,

I tried redoing the it and it gave me "The specified disc is not convertible because the size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks."

Postby Dustin F » Mar 25th, '14, 07:10

mildendo,

If that's the case you may want to clean the drive off and start over making sure to initialize the drive in GPT. You can find the guide for doing so here. http://support.g-technology.com/kbase/u ... php?id=140
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby mildendo » Mar 25th, '14, 08:16

Dustin,

I redid it twice and ended up with a 3725.90 RAW Healthy (Primary Partition) twice. I looked as it was going through the steps and at point 18 it said that my file system was NTFS.

Postby Dustin F » Mar 26th, '14, 08:15

mildendo,

Right after you set it for NTFS it becomes a RAW partition? Have you tried formatting it with any other computers to see if the problem persists there?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby mildendo » Mar 27th, '14, 06:15

Dustin,

I tried with my note book which runs on XP but the system did not even register that there was anything connected. I tried USB connections that I used for my mouse and plugged my phone in and that came as being there but nothing for the drive.

Postby Dustin F » Mar 27th, '14, 08:44

mildendo,

Unfortunately it sounds like an issue with the unit. If it was a recent purchase I would suggest returning it to the point of purchase. Otherwise you file for a RMA from the G-technology website to have it replaced under warranty. http://prod.g-technology.com/support/warranty_rma.cfm
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

Return to G-DRIVE

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php