Re: unable to mount G-drive mobile usb

Postby soydepr » Jul 15th, '14, 13:51

i tried to pm you and i saw this error.
not sure if you got msg

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php

Postby Dustin F » Jul 16th, '14, 08:45

soydepr,

I got the message. Check your inbox for my response.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby bendyrach » Jul 20th, '14, 09:28

Hi there,

I too am facing the problem where my G-drive mobile usb won't mount, having worked well for about a year now. I made no changes to my Mac that I'm aware of but was told that I'd ejected the disk "improperly" and since then it has failed to work.

The Mac disc utility doesn't recognise the G-drive at all, despite it being plugged in and the light on the device being on (constantly).

Please advise - again, it is my only back-up!

Thanks

Postby Dustin F » Jul 21st, '14, 08:03

Hi bendyrach,

Thanks for posting. If it is not seen in disk utility the next thing to check would be system report under usb to see if the connection is seen to the unit at all. If it is not seen you can try an alternate usb cable if that doesn't work the problem is the enclosure. You could take the unit to a local computer store to have the enclosure open so they can access the drive directly for you to get the information off. The cost of the service would fall on you but including the copy of the invoice for the service when it is sent in for RMA will maintain the warranty. If the drive does appear in system report but not in disk utility the problem is the drive and would need to go to a data recovery service to get the data off. Here is a link to a list of our data recovery partners who provide free quotes and discount on their services, should you need it.

http://support.g-technology.com/warranty/data_recovery
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Previous

Return to G-DRIVE mobile USB

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php