unable to mount G-drive mobile usb

User

unable to mount G-drive mobile usb

Postby antiquer1 » Jun 11th, '14, 05:55

I was downloading 3 short videos to my g drive which was connected to my new macbook pro, I got up to get a snack and the was a message on the computer screen that the G-drive was ejected improperly. Of course I never touched it. Now it won't mount. I've used the disk repair first aid and it still won't remount. What's going on?

Re: unable to mount G-drive mobile usb

Postby Dustin F » Jun 11th, '14, 08:03

Hi antiquer1,

Thanks for posting. Have you reseated the cable on the drive end to ensure the connection or tried a alternate usb cable to ensure it was not a loose connection or a faulty cable causing the issue?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby antiquer1 » Jun 11th, '14, 08:16

I have two cables and tried both. The mac disc utility reads the G-drive and the light flickers when its performing its checks. It just won't remount. My next move ,unless you have an alternative solution is to get another cable. Can you recommend one?

User

Postby sapphire818 » Jun 12th, '14, 05:53

It happens to me a lot too. I gathered it's a problem with a loose cable connection. Every time it's "ejected improperly" by a slight move of the drive, I have to "scan and repair disk". It'll usually be ok after that, however, it's such a nuisance. I will not buy G-drive products anymore in the future.

Postby Dustin F » Jun 12th, '14, 08:08

antiquer1,

Since you have tried two cables with same result the damage to the partition table map may be too much for disk utility. If the data on the drive is also on the computer I would suggest formatting with the erase tab in disk utility. You can also see if one cable gives you better stability than the other, if so then the initial cable may have just been too loose. If both give you trouble it may be the port on the drive itself in which case you can send in the drive to be replaced under warranty.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby soydepr » Jul 12th, '14, 04:31

i am having the same issue.

1T mobile usb on a mac using laters version .

i ran disk utility and i get this

2014-07-12 08:23:37 -0400: Checking file system
2014-07-12 08:23:37 -0400: Error: This disk needs to be repaired. Click Repair Disk.
2014-07-12 08:23:37 -0400:

2014-07-12 08:23:37 -0400: Disk Utility stopped verifying “G-DRIVE mobile USB”: This disk needs to be repaired. Click Repair Disk.

2014-07-12 08:23:37 -0400:

however the option to repair disk is greyed out . please help as it is only back up i have .

User

Postby soydepr » Jul 12th, '14, 06:01

is there a way to change paraphrase of drive

Postby Dustin F » Jul 14th, '14, 07:56

Hi soydepr,

Thanks for posting. Usually disk utility would at least allow you to attempt a repair disk. Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if it does the same or if a different mac you could try a third party program such as disk warrior or data rescue 3 to get to the data if you have it nowhere else. As for the "paraphrase" I take it you mean you put a password on the drive. If so you would need to unencrypt the drive then encrypt again to change the password. However I would not recommend doing this until after a repair or recovery of the data.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

User

Postby soydepr » Jul 14th, '14, 18:05

Dustin F wrote:Hi soydepr,

Thanks for posting. Usually disk utility would at least allow you to attempt a repair disk. Have you tried rebooting the computer to see if it does the same or if a different mac you could try a third party program such as disk warrior or data rescue 3 to get to the data if you have it nowhere else. As for the "paraphrase" I take it you mean you put a password on the drive. If so you would need to unencrypt the drive then encrypt again to change the password. However I would not recommend doing this until after a repair or recovery of the data.

i am, beginning to think is the cable because some times i can mount. is there a way to get a cable replacement

Postby Dustin F » Jul 15th, '14, 07:13

Hi soydepr,

Yes if you send me a private message with the s/n and shipping info I can setup sending a replacement cable.
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support

Next

Return to G-DRIVE mobile USB

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php