Drive is not working

User

Drive is not working

Postby babsy026 » May 22nd, '14, 05:53

I started using my G Drive mobile USB on 12/1/2012 and it backed up my computer once every week.

Yesterday (5/21/2014) when I installed the new OS X Mavericks system, my computer told me that the G drive had failed on 2/8/2014. I ran the disk repair program and verified the drive which said it was ok.

Today I looked at the drive’s records. After 1/10/2014, it started backing up every day, and on 2/7/2014 there were 8 back-ups! There is a back-up folder for 2/8/2014 but this is the back-up that my computer said had failed.

After that folder there is a file (a sheet of paper with top right hand corner curled forward) that says 5/21/2014 (yesterday) inProgress although the drive is not spinning.
Then there is a folder entitled “Latest”.

How do I get the drive which tested ok to start working again?

Re: Drive is not working

Postby Dustin F » May 22nd, '14, 07:45

Hi babsy026,

Thanks for posting. So for clarity, the drive mounts (appears on desktop or in finder) but time machine is unable to complete a backup?
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Postby suzuki750 » Dec 7th, '14, 21:16

Dear,
I have a G drive USB and when connect on my MAC the led is turn on and flash but the G drive doesn't appear on my desktop and on finder.What can I do?
Tks.
Marcel

Postby Dustin F » Dec 8th, '14, 08:43

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for posting. If the drive is not mounting first thing you should check disk utility to see if the drive is appearing, if not you should also check system report to see if the connection is detected at all. Here is a link with a guide on how to check those. http://support.g-technology.com/kbase/u ... .php?id=54
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

Return to G-DRIVE mobile USB

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php