set up with partition

User

set up with partition

Postby greg s » May 12th, '14, 16:43

I just received my G-DRIVE mobile USB. I am trying to get this information before my MacBook Pro arrives tomorrow. When I set up the computer and G-Drive, I would like to partition the G-Drive in 2 sectors, one partition for backup using Time Machine and the other partition for archive photo files.

There was little documentation with the drive except the "getting started" stuff and I couldn't find this information in the support section of this site.

I don't want to * this up and am wondering how to partition the drive? Is this even a good idea? Would it be best to use the first or second partition for the backup or does it matter?

Will the drive will walk me through this when I first plug it in to the MacBook Pro?

Thanks so much for any information you can offer!

greg

Re: set up with partition

Postby Dustin F » May 13th, '14, 07:06

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. Having one for time machine and one for manually coppied files is a good idea. Once you set up the two partitions it won't matter which you assign to time machine you can pick either one. Each can be named accordingly. Apple has a guide on how to do this. Use the section "Partition a non-startup disk" http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5845
Regards

Dustin
G-Technology Support
twitter.com/GTech_Support

User

Re: set up with partition

Postby greg s » May 13th, '14, 10:17

Thank you very much, Dustin.

greg

Return to G-DRIVE mobile USB

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php