Safely Ejecting Your G-Technology Drive
When you are done using your G-Technology external hard drive, and would like to power it off or disconnect the drive from your computer, you will need to properly eject it. This is essential, as disconnecting or powering off a drive without safely ejecting it first can potentially cause data loss or even damage to the drive.
For Mac OS X:
- Locate the drive to be ejected on the Desktop
- Click and drag the drive to the Trash on the Dock, the Trash icon will change to an Eject icon
- Release the drive over the Trash/Eject icon and the drive will disappear from the Desktop, and will be ready to be powered off or disconnected.
- Alternatively, you may also click the Eject icon next to the drive label in Finder, the drive will disappear from the list and will be ready to be powered off or disconnected.
- Show the hidden icons on your Taskbar by left-clicking the arrow icon
- Find the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon
- Left-click the icon and a context menu will list any drives that are available to be ejected.
- Left-click the drive to be ejected, in the example above it is a G-Drive Mobile, the drive will ejected and you will receive a confirmation message that it is safe to disconnect the drive.