Plug your G-RAID Gen 7, preferably on USB or FireWire. You will need to download the G-RAID Gen 7 RAID Configurator. Please click here to download the latest G-RAID Gen 7 Configurator. Once downloaded, run the application and refer to the steps below. Keep in mind that changing the RAID settings on your G-RAID Gen 7 will erase all the data on the drive.
- Open the file G-Technology RAID Configuration Utility. Once opened you will see the screen below. Click Continue.
- The G-Technology RAID Configuration Utility will search for your drive.
- Once the utility has found the drive, it will prompt you to choose what RAID level you want. Choose the RAID level you want and click on Configure.
- You will get a warning message that all the data will be erased. Click on Yes to continue.
- You will get another warning message saying that all the data will be erased. Click on OK to continue.
- The RAID Configuration Utility will be updating your G-RAID Gen 7 to the selected RAID level. Please do not unplug the device while this is happening.
- Once the update for your chosen RAID level is complete, you will get the screen below stating that the configuration was successful. Click on Exit. You will now need to format the drive on your Windows machine. To do that, please refer to the link here.