Rebuilding your RAID for G-SPEED
- Remove the failed drive from your G-SPEED with the unit and your computer powered off. Insert the included key or thin object such as a paper clip into the hole under the lock icon on the front of the drive sled to unlock the handle that allows you to pull the drive out.
- Power up the G-SPEED unit and reboot your computer.
- With the computer booted up and logged in, insert the replacement drive into the G-SPEED unit.
- Within approximately 30 seconds the RAID should begin to rebuild.
- The rebuild will take about 1- 1.5 hours per 1TB of capacity. For example an 8TB RAID array will take approximately 8-12 hours. The computer and G-SPEED will need to remain on for the rebuild to finish, any interruption of power or connection to the computer can cause the rebuild to fail, and possibly compromise the RAID set.