Fixing performance issues when using the FireWire interface on the Microsoft Windows OS
If you are running the Microsoft Windows OS and are experiencing slow disk drive performance please follow the steps below to correct the issue:
First, if you are utilizing a 3rd party PCMCIA card bus / ExpressCard / PCI interface; please ensure you are running the manufacturer's latest drivers.
If performance is not resolved you can perform the following steps:
- Open My Computer or Computer from your (Start) Menu or Button
- Right-click on the G-DRIVE mini External Hard Disk Drive and select properties from the drop down list
- Click the Hardware tab
- Highlight the G-DRIVE mini from the list and click on Properties
- Click on the Policies tab (Windows 7 users will need to select Change settings from the General tab before the policies tab will be visible)
- Choose Optimize for performance and click on OK. If running Vista or Windows 7 also check enable write caching on the disk
- Click on OK to save the settings and exit
NOTE: Please ensure when disconnecting the drive, that you Safely Remove Hardware before unplugging the device; failure to do so may result in data loss.