Install the Highpoint RocketRAID Controller
Highpoint RocketRAID ExpressSAS Host Adapters contain components that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge (ESD). Please follow standard methods to avoid ESD.
- For maximum performance install the Highpoint RocketRAID controller in your MacPro in SLOT 2 (x16 slot closest to video card) .
- Secure the RAID controller in place.
NOTE:If you are using a video capture card such as the AJA Kona™ or Blackmagic Decklink™ , follow their recommendations for slot usage.
Attach G-SPEED eS Pro to the Controller
- Attach one end of the supplied mini-SAS cable to the mini-SAS port on the back of G-SPEED eS Pro.
- Attach the other end of the mini-SAS cable to Port A (left most port) on the Highpoint RocketRAID controller.
- Attach the power cord to the back of G-SPEED eS Pro and connect the other end to AC power.
- Power on the G-SPEED eS Pro then power on the system. G-SPEED eS Pro will mount on the desktop.
G-SPEED eS Pro is shipped from the factory setup in RAID 0 mode for best performance. The Highpoint RocketRAID controller also supports RAID 1, 5, 6 and JBOD modes. If you would like to change the RAID mode, refer to the G-SPEED eS Pro User Manual or the Highpoint RocketRAID Controller documenta¬tion for more information on changing RAID modes.